Live gaming with a webcam-camera dealer is now an integral part of the online casino world.
In this article, we will see together what exactly the live casino is all about. To do so, we will review the entire industry, explaining the reasons for creating this new variant, how to train the dealers, the games available, etc.
What exactly is the concept of the live casino?
The live casino has the peculiarity of being very similar to the games you can play in a land-based casino, except that you can play from home. Here are the main characteristics of this type of games:
- A dealer is filmed by webcam and players can see him in real time.
- It is possible to chat with the different dealers via an integrated chat. Sometimes it is also possible to talk with other players.
- The croupier takes care of the actions as he would in a real casino. He throws the ball at roulette, flips the cards over to blackjack, and so on.
- Anything that is not manageable by the dealers, due to the specificity of the live game, is processed automatically by the software. For example, bets are placed by clicking on a button and winnings are paid out automatically.
Why did the game with a live croupier come about?
There are several reasons why the live casino came into being. These include the following:
- Some people don’t appreciate classic table games. For them, the game is too monotonous and boring. The live casino allows them to have a similar feeling to playing in a permanent establishment.
- Many players constantly suspect online casinos of being rigged. By filming the games live, this segment of the gambling public is more reassured.
- It is possible to chat thanks to the integrated live chat. This brings a social dimension to the online game, which is appreciated by single people who are looking for human contact while practicing their passion.
How does a live casino work?
A live casino works just like any other platform. You have to create an account on the site, then choose the games you wish to play. Usually, live games are only a part of the offer offered by the casino. There is hardly any establishment that offers exclusively this type of games online.
What are the advantages of playing at live casinos?
Live casinos are popular with players for several reasons:
- The sensations are quite similar to those obtained during a visit to a real casino.
- The parts are more human, with the possibility of seeing a real person in front of you, even if it is filmed by a webcam.
- The adrenaline is at its peak, as you can see, for example, the exact moment when the ball stops on a square of the roulette wheel.
- Games are extremely fluid, as bets are placed more quickly and winnings are paid out immediately.
- You can choose the dealer of your choice.
- The games are available in several languages thanks to dealers of different nationalities.
- There are many variants offered, all available at the same place. This is usually something impossible in a land-based casino.
- You don’t have to go to a hardcore casino. You just need an internet connection at home.
- You do not have all the incidental expenses such as drinks and meals that you usually consume in a real establishment.
List of the most popular live casino games
As you can imagine, the casino games that require a dealer are quite limited and it is difficult to design new ones. As a result, most establishments that offer live games will have mostly classic games.
However, some games that do not exist in a land-based casino have emerged on some internet platforms. Let’s take a look at the different live casino games that are available at online establishments.
What is the best software for live casinos?
While there are hundreds of publishers of classic games, there are far fewer companies that have specialized in designing live games. In addition, the quality of the titles is not always up to par.
Based on our experience, we can consider that only two suppliers are able to offer interesting and quality titles: Ezugi and Evolution Gaming. Apart from these two giants, the other players in the sector are a bit behind.
However, as this is still a young industry, there is no doubt that competitors will come into the market and start offering different games or games of perhaps higher quality. But if we’re talking about the present moment, then the best software is that provided by Ezugi and Evolution Gaming.
Is the experience similar to the one in a brick and mortar casino?
To say that the experience of a live casino is identical to that of a land-based casino would be lying to you. However, compared to the options you have at online casinos, it is certainly the closest experience you can get.
Having a croupier in front of you and being able to talk to him like in a hard casino gives an impression of augmented reality. Also, sometimes it will also be possible to talk with other players, as in a permanent establishment.
However, you lose the unique atmosphere of a real casino. You don’t have the opportunity to watch people at other tables, have drinks brought to the table or touch the chips with your hands.
What bonuses are available at live casinos?
The question of bonuses in live casinos is a delicate one. If you are able to take advantage of promotional offers on most platforms, the wagering conditions are usually more drastic. Some establishments will consider bets made on live games as only counting for a reduced percentage of the usual bonus release rate. This depends on the platform, but usually varies between 2 and 10%. In some cases bonuses cannot be released at all using a live game.
However, there are a few establishments that offer offers and bonuses exclusive to the live casino. There aren’t many of them, but they allow you to get some advantages by playing these types of games.
But if we are talking about classic deposit bonuses or free spins then yes, every online casino that offers live games usually offers this kind of bonus to their players. However, these bonuses are not always unlockable if you only want to play live games. The wagering requirements for a deposit bonus are very hard to meet due to the additional requirements. Also, free spins can only be obtained if you play the corresponding slot machines, never live games.
Is there a mobile live casino version?
If you want to play games from a smartphone or a real money tablet, then you have the possibility to use the mobile live casino version on many platforms.
Nowadays, most of the live games on the market work from a mobile phone without any problem. In fact, it has even become the reference device for some providers. However, keep in mind that the user experience will be better on a conventional PC due to the larger screen size. If you are playing on a mobile casino, you will find it difficult to use the chat, place your bets and watch the dealer at the same time.
What is the dealer training on a live casino? How do I apply?
Just like in a land-based casino, online dealers require extensive training in order to provide you with a good experience when you play. Nothing is left to chance and you can rest assured that the dealers who handle your games are among the best in the business.
Each dealer begins his training in a given game and language. If the dealer is multilingual, he also has the possibility to officiate at tables in other countries. When his training is completed, he can extend his field of activity to a variant of the game he masters. For example, he can switch from Roulette to American Roulette.
The best croupiers can also apply to officiate at other games, but this is quite rare. Indeed, vendors such as Ezugi or Evolution Gaming prefer to have croupiers who specialize in a single game.
If you are interested in becoming a live online casino dealer, you can contact Ezugi or Evolution Gaming customer support. They will then explain to you how to proceed. However, be aware that you will probably have to move to a city like Dublin or a European country like Malta or Latvia. Don’t expect to find a job as an internet dealer from a country like France or Canada.
What will be the next innovations in the sector?
It is difficult to predict the future accurately. However, based on what we know and having analyzed what has already happened in the past, we can predict that these different points should normally occur:
- A greater variety of games will be available.
- Most online casinos will have a section with live games.
- The languages in which it will be possible to play the games will be more and more numerous.
- Live games in will be accessible 24 hours a day as it is the case with the English games.
- More and more interesting special bonuses will be created to convert a majority of players to this new way of playing online.
- Other publishers specialized in the design of live games will be created.
Conclusion on the live casino
We hope you enjoyed our explanation of the live casino. From now on, this aspect of online gambling should no longer hold any secrets for you.
If you are playing for real money in live games, you unfortunately cannot enjoy many benefits. There are virtually no deposit bonuses for these games and free spins do not apply to these games.
The methods used to train online dealers are not necessarily different from those used to train them in land-based casinos. However, they have to be adapted to the specific case of online gambling, such as the management of live chat or the absence of the need to count the players’ chips to distribute the winnings.
Although the live casino offer is growing more and more, there are only two game publishers that really stand out on the market at the moment: Ezugi and Evolution Gaming. However, competitors should normally enter the market, as it is developing at a crazy speed.
Live Casino FAQ
Here are our answers to some of the most frequently asked questions we receive about the live casino:
✅ What is the best casino software to play live?
Given the lack of competition in this market, there are mainly two suppliers, Ezugi and Evolution Gaming. Both vendors provide good software, but we have a small preference for Evolution Gaming. Find out more here!
✅ How are live dealers recruited?
Generally, they are recruited on the basis of an unsolicited application. Then they have to undergo several weeks of training before they can start their job as a dealer at an online casino. Find out more about the job of a live casino dealer!
✅ Is the user experience the same as in a land-based casino?
There are strong similarities to gambling in a real, live casino. You can’t find the people next to you, you can’t get served at the table and you can’t take the chips in your hand. However, the live casino is the closest online experience to a real casino. Here are the differences between land-based and live casinos!
✅ Are there any bonuses for playing in live mode?
Bonuses dedicated to live games are quite rare. To our knowledge, only a few casinos offer this to their players. But there is no doubt that bonuses for live play will increase in the future as this section of the industry grows.